Sustainability & Livability Committee
To engage and educate the Sylvan-Highlands neighborhood in sustainable practices, environmental stewardship and related community projects.
We host a SOLVE clean-up each spring.
Zoolights & Oregon Food Bank Canned Food Drive… Start the holiday season with your neighbors for a potluck, a kids piñata, donations to the Food Bank and a stroll through the zoo lights. Check out our calendar for details.
Resources to Expand & Explore Nature
The Audubon Portland of Portland promotes the understanding, enjoyment, and protection of native birds, other wildlife and their habitats.
Backyard Habitats supports urban gardeners in their efforts to create natural backyard habitats.
Explore Washington Park our shared backyard.
OSU Extension Master Gardeners program offers reliable, relevant and reachable gardening information and education opportunities.
YOUR VOICE MATTERS!
Most city enforcement programs are complaint driven. When you see issues impacting the safety and/or livability in our neighborhood, report them!
Complaint information is kept confidential.
Use the PDX Reporter app for publicly maintained infrastructure issues, or call the appropriate numbers listed here:
- POLICE NON-EMERGENCY: 503-823-3333
For crimes that have already occurred
- NOISE CONTROL: 503-823-7350
Report possible violations of noise ordinances
- REPORT ILLEGAL CAMPING: 503-823-4000
- RIGHT OF WAY OBSTRUCTIONS: 503-823-7002 (Option 4)
- GARBAGE CONTAINERS IN RIGHT OF WAY: 503-823-7202
- SIDEWALK REPAIR: 503-823-1711
- REPORT ODORS: 503-823-3363 (street odors)
www.portlandair.org (industrial odors)
- PUBLIC PROPERTY LITTERING: 503-823-7306
Alert the city to clean up waste in public spaces
- GRAFFITI ABATEMENT: 503-823-4824
To report graffiti on public or private property
- STREET MAINTENANCE: 503-823-1700
Report potholes and other road hazards to the city
- PARK RANGERS: 503-823-1637
For security/public safety concerns in public parks
- ILLEGALLY PARKED VEHICLES: 503-823-7309
If they are on public property, see below for private
- COMPLIANCE SERVICES: 503-823-2633
Private property maintenance issues (trash, abandoned vehicles, overgrowth, structural safety), unusual odors or other violations or safety issues
- REPORT ILLEGAL DUMPING: 503-234-3000
Metro RID Patrol
- NOISY PETS: MultCoPets