U.S. 26 Paving Project
- Published on Thursday, 14 June 2012 22:38
Work began in June 2012 on an ODOT project to pave U.S. 26 (Sunset Highway) in both directions between the Sylvan Interchange and I-405 in the City of Portland. This two-mile stretch of highway was last repaved in 1994 and is severely rutted. Project completion is slated for the end of summer 2013. The project elements include:
- Grind, pave and restripe U.S. 26 in both directions from just east of the Sylvan interchange to I-405. This includes the highway lanes, shoulders, ramps and the Vista Ridge Tunnel (milepost 71.5 to milepost 73.7)
- Repair pavement on the east side of the Vista Ridge Tunnel
- Install one new sign structure and replace one sign structure
- Upgrade highway signs in the project area
- Add a ramp meter to the U.S. 26 eastbound on-ramp from the Zoo
- Replace approximately 60 light poles and light heads between the Zoo and the Vista Ridge Tunnel
Sylvan-Highlands Traffic Poll
- Published on Saturday, 10 September 2011 16:42
Sylvan Highlands Neighborhood Association (SHNA) Transportation Committee continues to address long-standing traffic issues in our neighborhood in concert with the Portland Bureau of Transportation. We hope you’ll take two minutes to provide your feedback. It's free! Click HERE to go to the survey. You will be taken to a new page hosted at SurveyMonkey.com
Results are in! See the final report here.
And much more!
- Published on Tuesday, 03 November 2009 16:19
- Published on Saturday, 23 April 2011 17:16