"Peak" parking charge
- Published on Tuesday, 08 April 2014 19:30
The hourly rate stays the same. The rates are clearly posted on the meters and the meter screens will show the updated "All Day" dollar amount.
We will not return to the $4 day rate until October when we return to off peak.
Parking in Washington Park
- Published on Friday, 12 April 2013 06:20
Mayor Charlie Hales - Open Letter to SHNA (PDF) - 2013-05-13<--- NEW!
Paid parking locations map (PDF) <--- UPDATED!
Metro Council Washington Park TMA Resolution - 2012-11-08
Portland City Council meeting transcript - 2012-11-14
Fish: "Under the proposed agreement Portland parks and rec will join with our partners to develop and improve transportation options throughout the park and we will have a new revenue source to support improvements to the park's transportation infrastructure and to fund long overdue the master plan for Washington Park. We understand that some neighbors are concerned about the prospect of changes in the park."
SHNA Comments to the Portland City Council, 2012-11-28
"SHNA supports several goals and principles in the TPMA; however, the devil is in the details and very many TPMA details are missing and/or premature."
management at Washington Park
"About the new plan for parking and transportation management at Washington Park" - Mike Abbaté, Director of Portland Parks & Recreation, on 2012-12-07
"Susan Nielsen: Family-friendly Portland? At these prices,we'll never see that baby elephant" - Editorial for The Oregonian, 2012-12-08
"From a distance, parking meters sound like a fair way to cover the expense of maintaining a huge parking lot. Up close, the new fees just made Portland less attractive to middle-class families."
"Calculated memory lapse?" - Examiner Editorial Regarding WP Meters, 2012-12
"And you don’t endure eight long negotiation sessions with neighborhood representatives concerning parking at the Oregon Zoo and forget that you haven’t told them about a coming City Council hearing. Or forget that they weren’t shown the document you claim they’ve agreed to. Not only did the director of Portland Parks & Recreation claim such a colossal communication breakdown was unintentional, representatives of the zoo also forgot to share a corresponding resolution they brought to Metro Council earlier last month."
"Washington Park may get parking meters in the fall" (The Oregonian, 2012-07-06) (PDF)
"Washington Park plan for parking meters draws questions from surrounding neighbors" (The Oregonian, 2012-11-30) (PDF)
Washington Park Alliance [the venues, etc. excluding the neighborhood associations] web site detailing park-wide paid parking
- Published on Thursday, 14 April 2011 17:15
The Oregon Zoo is developing a 20-year master plan, designing six new or improved animal exhibits, a conservation education center and a new veterinary medical center, all made possible by a $125 million bond. Check more details here.
After the workshop of April 27 2011, two documents are available: a one-page summary (MS Word document), including the list of participants and the long list of issues and concerns expressed, and the Parking and Transportation Management Plan - Rick Williams (MS PowerPoint presentation).
In August 2011, Metro sent a neighbor relations proposal that outlines a working relationship over the next few months between the Washington Park Alliance and Arlington Heights and Sylvan Highlands neighborhoods, as a parking and traffic management strategy is developed. The document (MS Word) includes the proposal, a draft timeline and a catalogue of the issues expressed at the April workshop and in subsequent interviews and conversations.
* * * UPDATE Jan 14, 2013 * * * The hearing officer issued his decision in the latest Zoo land use matter (the conditional use review for the next decade). He reviewed and discussed the issues I presented, see item #2 on pages 24-29. Ultimately, SHNA’s concerns did not win and our requested condition of approval (a sidewalk along SW Knights Blvd) was denied.
A historical document: the Washington Park Master Plan of 1981.
Minutes From Our Meetings
- Published on Thursday, 14 April 2011 19:18
- Final Minutes from March 2013 membership meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from January 2013 membership meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from December 2012 membership meeting - download.
- Draft Minutes, including the bylaws, from the March 2011 membership meeting - download.
- Draft Minutes from the January 2011 membership meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from September 2010 membership meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from March 2010 Sustainability Commmittee meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from February 2010 Sustainability Commmittee meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from January 2010 Sustainability Commmittee meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from October 2009 Sustainability Commmittee meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from September 2009 Sustainability Commmittee meeting - download.
- Final Minutes from August 2009 Sustainability Commmittee meeting - download.
- Published on Thursday, 14 April 2011 19:13
The new ByLaws of our neighborhood association got amended and approved. Check the PDF here.